Fix Windows 10 Taskbar Not Hiding Issue in Full Screen Mode?
The auto-hide taskbar can be a great way to add a little extra space to your Windows 10 PC or Laptop. Of late, a lot of users are facing an issue where the Windows 10 Taskbar Not Hiding in Fullscreen? A lot of People also ask, how to hide taskbar windows 10 when playing games?
How to put down taskbar windows 10? This certainly ruins the experience, especially when you can see all those icons with constant notifications.
Wait, you don’t have to go through all this. Here are some quick tips about what to do when the windows taskbar won’t auto-hide or taskbar showing in fullscreen windows 10. To help you fix windows 10 taskbar not hiding in fullscreen Just follow these simple steps:
Table of Contents –
- Update Windows and Restart PC
- Check the Taskbar Settings
- Use the Command Line Prompt
- Use F11 Keyboard Shortcut
- Use Chrome Alternatives
- Autohide the Taskbar
- Restart Windows Explorer
- Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Check Background Apps
- Check Group Policy Settings
Update Windows & Restart PC to Fix Taskbar Not Hiding in Windows 10
If windows 10 taskbar preview not disappearing, First and foremost you have to ensure that your computer has the latest version of Windows 10 if the taskbar won’t go away.
Press Windows Key and I simultaneously, this will open Settings. You need to click on Update and Security.
In case, you are not able to see the update available right away, you can choose to update manually (if available).
For this, you need to click on the Check for Updates button. If the update is available, install the updates right away. Once it is installed, try the fullscreen mode again to see whether the Windows10 taskbar showing in fullscreen or not.
Also Read – How to Fix Mouse Cursor Disappears in Windows 10?
Check the Taskbar Settings if Windows 10 Taskbar Not Hiding?
If the windows 10 taskbar in front of fullscreen, You need to check the taskbar settings. Follow the below-mentioned steps if the taskbar does not hide in fullscreen windows 10 –
1. First, you have to right-click on the empty spot on the taskbar.
2. A menu will pop up, now you need to select Settings.
3. You will have settings panel in front of you where you will see two taskbar options –
“Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” and
“Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode”.
4. You need to enable “Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode” and the Windows 10 taskbar will be hidden automatically.
Use the Command Line Prompt to Fix the Taskbar Not Hiding Issue Windows 10
1. Press Windows and R simultaneously.
2. In the run box, you have to type cmd.
3. Now, type Taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
4. Type Explorer.
5. Type Exit.
6. Open Up Hidden Icons and Right-Click Them
At times, the main reason behind the issue is caused by system tray icons that seek your consideration; however, they are hidden. Let us understand this with the help of an example.
In the above image, we can see that the Slack app requires attention. However, the icon is hidden on the page of extra apps and it is only visible when you click the little up arrow present on the system tray.
You just have to open the page to see if any app needs your attention. You can click it or right-click and the taskbar should hide once again.
Also Read – List of Windows 10 Blue Screen Error & Stop Codes (BSoD)
Enable Full-screen Mode With F11 Shortcut if Windows Taskbar Won’t Auto-hide
I know you have been frustrated searching why does my taskbar not hide in fullscreen? Why does my taskbar not hide in fullscreen windows 10? You just need to press the F11 key on your keyboard to activate fullscreen mode in Windows. The F11 key is the universal shortcut key for all Windows versions and it works without any glitch.
Irrespective of the app or screen you are in, Windows will go full screen and hide the taskbar. Especially on the keyboard of laptops, you have to press Fn and F11 keys simultaneously to activate Windows fullscreen mode.
Use Chrome Alternatives as Solution if Windows Taskbar Not Hiding
Chrome is, undoubtedly, the most famous and useful browser. That said, it also has flaws pretty much like any software. If the issue persists and you are sure that it is Chrome specific, then it is the right time to consider other alternatives if windows 10 taskbar won’t hide.
Google has made a version of the Chrome browser called Chrome Canary. It is an apt choice for early adopters and developers. It also comes with a few bugs, but it works fine most of the time.
Auto-hide the Taskbar in Windows 10 to Fix the Issue
You should Configure Windows to autohide the taskbar. For all Windows users, there is a provision to auto-hide the taskbar when it is out of focus. If you want to see the taskbar again, you just need to drag your mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen.
This particular method can be used for applications that do not require fullscreen mode. This is how you can have more screen space to work with.
1. Press the Windows key and I simultaneously for Windows Settings.
2. Go to Personalization -> Taskbar.
3. This is where you have to enable the option of Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” by toggling it On.
Also Read – Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) Windows 10 Problem [FIXED
Restart Windows Explorer if Taskbar Showing in Fullscreen
Windows Explorer can be defined as the key process that illustrates the whole user interface to the user and allows them to interact with Windows. It has been noticed that restarting Windows Explorer tends to help a lot of issues.
Besides, it is a lot easier and faster to restart it and will fix the issue of the taskbar not hiding windows 10 in seconds.
You need to right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager. You may also try the Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut.
1. Scroll down a little bit, there you will find the Windows Explorer process under the Apps column.
2. You need to right-click on it and hit Restart. This will make your Windows disappear temporarily and some apps will shut down. This all is expected, so don’t panic.
3. You can use another way i.e. press and hold both Ctrl and Shift keys and right-click on the taskbar. At this point, you will see a new option at the bottom by the name of Exit Explorer.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome to Fix the Taskbar
At times, the taskbar can give you issues even if you are using the Chrome browser. When you are watching your favorite video on YouTube, do you see the taskbar? Do you ask questions to yourself, Why does my taskbar not hide in fullscreen YouTube? Taskbar not hiding while playing full-screen videos on youtube?
If you are nodding your head in affirmation then here are few solutions. If you want to know how to get rid of the bar at the bottom of the screen when watching youtube, follow these steps –
1. First, open Chrome’s menu and click on Settings
2. Now, you need to scroll at the bottom of the screen and click on Advanced.
3. You will see the System settings, there you will have to disable the option of ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’. Once you have done this, you will be asked to relaunch Chrome.
Now, try going fullscreen on Chrome to check if the taskbar is hiding or not.
Reset Chrome Settings
You can also try resetting your browser to restore it to the original settings.
First, open settings on Chrome and click on the Advanced at the bottom. Under reset and clean up, you have to select Restore settings to their original defaults.
You have to click on reset settings in the next pop-up. This will reset all the settings that you may have changed following the installation of Chrome. You have the option to set them back.
Also Read – How To Fix/Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Windows 10
Check Background Apps to Fix Taskbar Won’t Hide in Fullscreen Mode
In case a regular application requires your attention, its icon will start flashing and the taskbar will remain noticeable on purpose until you take action. Let us understand this with the help of an example –
Let us assume, you have a Skype notification.
In this particular case, you can either click on the icon and address the issue or you can remove the icon from the taskbar.
1. Right-click on the taskbar, and open the taskbar preferences.
2. You need to select Preferences.
3. You have to locate the notification area on the Settings panel.
4. Click the Taskbar and choose “select which icons appear on the taskbar” under the Notification area.
5. You have the option to remove all the icons or any particular icon that has a recurring issue and resolve the issue at a later stage.
6. Open the settings panel and go to “Select which icons appear on the taskbar.” Here, you will find an option to turn off the icon notification on the taskbar.
7. Or else, it could be a background application. During normal start-up operations, background applications start on their own.
In case, there is some issue with these applications, a notification balloon will pop up informing you about the issue. Owing to this action, the taskbar will remain visible.
You can close this popup but it will only put off the issue or you can address the issue.
Check the Group Policy Settings to Fix Full Screen on Windows 10
In case your system administrator has made some changes to group policies, these changes will be overridden by these policies.
You can check whether the policies have been tampered with by following the below-discussed steps –
1. Use Windows and Run simultaneously to run dialog.
2. Now, you have to open the group policy editor. For this, you need to type “gpedit.msc”
3. You will have to navigate to the entry, “User Configuration\administrative tools\start menu and Task Bar.”
4. The moment the right-hand window expands, you will have to look for the entry “Lock all TaskBar Settings”. You have to double-click it to open it.
5. A window will open in front of you having three options – Not Configured, Enabled, and Disabled.
6. Out of these three enabled means that all Taskbar settings for your system have been locked, so you disable it.
7. This is where you can head on to your computer, make all the favored changes, and auto-hide the taskbar.
Also Read – How To Install Unsigned Drivers In Windows 10 [FIXED]
Hopefully, the above-discussed tips will help you in fixing the taskbar not hiding during full screen. Also, it will help you to get an answer to your questions like why won’t my taskbar hide or why does the taskbar not hide in fullscreen? Now you know various methods on how to hide taskbar windows 10 when full screen refuses to auto-hide correctly.